TRSA is pleased to partner with Sean Fleming – Coach Canadian Men’s National U17 Soccer Team to deliver training sessions for all of our coaches. There is no cost for TRSA Coaches or Assistant Coaches. All indoor and outdoor coaches are encouraged to attend. TRSA has selected Sept and March/April as Coach Development months. These months have been selected as they are “shoulder” months between soccer seasons.
Brookview Hall – 280 Bulyea Road
Mon Sept 22 – U6/U8
Tues Sept 23 – No session
Wed Sept 24 – U10/U12
Thurs Sept 25 – U14/U18
The time for all dates is 6:00PM-10:00PM. The first two hours will be technical development (outside) and the last two will be a presentation on coach/player development (inside the hall).
Register by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include name and session. (**Register by Wed – Sept 17**)
Please bring water, a soccer ball and wear athletic clothing. Please bring a ball that is used by your age group (U6/U8 – size 3, U10/U12 – size 4, U14-U18 – size 5)
Sean Fleming – Bio:
– Born in Scotland.
- Grew up in Canada
- Teacher for 15 years
- Nominated for excellence in teaching both provincially and nationally
- Coached several provincial teams highlighted with the gold medal at the Canada Games in 2001.
- Played on provincial select teams which won National Championships.
- Played in the Alberta Major Soccer League for 15 years as well as captained the University of Alberta Soccer Team.
- Canadian Soccer Association National Staff Coach since 2002
- director of grassroots development
- instructed national coaching courses
- presented at coaching symposiums across the country
- member of wellness to world cup committee; long term player development
- Created player and coach development pathways throughout all ages and stages.
- Created national curriculum for technical development.
- Director of National Training Centre Prairies
- Many female and male players selected for national youth teams
- Canadian Men’s U17 national team head coach
- Appointed in 2008 as U17 men’s head coach
- Qualified for 2 consecutive U17 world cups, never been done in Canadian soccer history
- Had a 4 game undefeated streak within the 2 world cups, first time ever in Canadian soccer at any level in either male or female
- Many players have graduated to the senior team and U20 team.